Saturday, June 23, 2007

ridin' the river


We had a great, hot day out at the riverwalk. Did I mention that it was hot? We did alot of touristy stuff, including riding the riverboat and going to the riverwalk mall. We took the kids to see the Imax movie about the creatures under the sea. It was my brilliant idea, thinking that they would love it and that this would really set the stage and get them all excited about Sea World. Just as a preview of how this story turns out, Ashtyn says she will never again go to one of those movies and wear those 3D glasses! We were trying to decide between the dinosaur movie and the sea movie, so I called ahead of time to find out if either one was scary and if they were appropriate for young children. They said oh yes, they are educational movies and not scary at all. The first thing after we put on our glasses they showed a preview for the dino movie that consisted of a scary t-rex chasing after another dinosaur, which in 3D looks like he is coming right after us. I think all three kids were almost in tears! I managed to convice Ashtyn to put them back on one more time and something popped out and scared her again. Ashtyn and Isaiah would NOT put the glasses back on after that! So they watched the entire movie without really even being able to see it! However, Josiah did put them back on and I think he really enjoyed the movie. It was so cute to see him trying to reach out and grab all the fish. We had a great day, but the kids were wiped out and ready to go back to the hotel. Of course, when we got back they found their lost energy and were ready to go swimming!

1 comment:

IamtheMom said...

That's so funny. I would probably be scared of a dinosaur coming to get me too!!! I can't believe how grown up they are looking :(