Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our White Christmas

Christmas Eve turned out a little differently than we had planed, but it was really nice.
It started snowing early in the morning and didn't stop all day. It was not just snowing, it was a snow storm! I have never seen it snow here, like it did that day. As you can see, there were areas of our backyard that were 16 inches and 2 1/2 inches deep with snow! We waited all day for it to slow down so that we could go out and play.

Our Christmas Eve Service at church was cancelled due to the weather, so we stayed in, had a fire and my plan was to snuggle up on the couch and watch Christmas movies. However, Ashtyn went to watch TV in my room while she wrapped Christmas presents for me. So that just left me, Eisley, Brent and the boys. As we were flipping through the channels looking for a good movie they discovered that Star Wars was on. So instead of getting to watch holiday movies, we ended up watching Star Wars all evening! Not my choice, but I was outnumbered! It made me realize what it must be like for all of you moms out there that only have boys!







1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! That is a LOT of snow. We has something like this last year here but not during Christmas. Ye, my boys would have voted for Star Wars too:)