Friday, August 20, 2010

Early to Bed



Ben Franklin once said "Early to Bed, Early to Rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

Can I tell you that this quote has been stuck in my head the last 3 days (and nights!). I told Brent that I think the Lord is really trying to impress this principle on me. I am known to go to bed exceedingly late and still wake up fairly early.

This morning, I was reading today's homeschool devotional that is emailed to me and the following verse jumped out at me:

"It is vain for you to rise up early,
To retire late,
To eat the bread of painful labors;
For He gives to His beloved even sleep"

Psalm 127:2


I always feel like there is so much that needs to be done, that I can't get done during the day.
So here is the question I had to ask myself "Am I trying to do more than God intended me to do?"

4 comments:

Jara said...

Wow! I love that verse, I too have issues with this, gonna try to be better this school year! Great to see you and your sweet kids today!

The Binder Mom said...

Thank you, Mande! This is just for me . . . an answer to prayer. Only now I have to figure out what it is I'm doing that I'm not supposed to be doing. I think I already know though.

Mande said...

Julie,

Girl, me too. I already know what I need to let go. I don't know why is it so hard!

Mande said...

Jara-
loved seeing you and the kids, too!